Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Miss Bear Lake Valley!

Those who know me well know that my life from about April until June was consumed with Miss Bear Lake Valley! I had the opportunity to Direct the pageant that had not taken place for 20 years in this valley. It was an honor to work with the women and girls involved and I really hope that the purpose of bettering the community we live in took place. I have heard many good things about young girls now wanting to take some kind of talent lessons because they want to participate in the future. The girls who won the awards deserved them. All the girls grew and drew strength from with in to bring them selve to do it. I am soooo proud of all of them. They were not the only ones that benifited from this event. The community as whole is a little better place and Myself ( even though I sweated some tears and lost some sleep) grew from having such a grand capacity of a responsibility and finding that I could do it and do it well. Although I had Incredible help with it and could not have pulled such a success with out each of them. I have to just mention that I was told by certain some peoples that it could not be done and that I was wasting my time. HHHmmmm! I believe that only fueled the fire! Thanks to all those who helped, to all my friends who still love me even though I dropped off of the face of the earth for three months and thanks to my husband who when it was over actually complemented me and his exact words were. You did awesome! Thanks hunny. I needed that from you.

No comments: