Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bunkers Hill


I'm the King of Bunkers Hill, I can fight and I can Kill! The childhood rhyme I learned growing up in the deep snow was passed down to my offspring today! Jared's friend who works for the county came out to plow roads our way. He came to say Hi to Jared and ended up pushing snow in the back where our new barn will be built this spring. It just so happens that we now hat 15 foot high snow banks. Right on! My Kids spotted them the minute they got home from school and were out there for hours playing past dark. It brought back so many memories for me thinking about doing that very same thing with my brothers Kirby, Kyle and Cody. Jumping , rolling and sleighing down. We never knew it was cold! We were always having too much fun! We'll have to have a Bunker Hill Party for old time sake. What do you say Brothers???? Sharing moments with your kids similiar to moments you cherish as a child make life worth living!!!!!

5 comments:

Tara Mc said...

What a great thing to do with all this snow. I remember Bunkers Hill from when I was growing up too, how fun that you shared it with your kids.

Jeff and Holly said...

I remember playing that. Except I was the "Queen of the Bunker Hill"! You becha, I was awsome! Wish I still had it in me to play.

MikeG Family said...

That IS a blast! Growing up, we lived in the middle of a culd-e-sac, so the snow plows would push the snow up to our curb, and we would have to bend DOWN to put the basketball in our hoop because the snow was higher than it. We built snow caves, and sled hills, and all sorts of fun stuff! It was such a blast! Enjoy it while you can before it all melts away!

Ruuddudes said...

Where the heck did you all grow up? I've never heard of Bunker HIll! I've heard of Kill the Carrier, I've heard of Smear the Quear, I've heard of Monkey in the Middle. But not this. Nope. And Steph, by any chance were you calling to invite me to lunch today? I never heard back from you ~ Waah!

Kenna / Bubblegum said...

I wish I were there...!