Monday, February 4, 2008

A Fear Conquered!!!!


I have to share this story! For any one that knows our Tato Bug they know that he has anxiety over day to day things. So when mom gets this Big Idea to slip him into ski- school because she just happens to be one in charge of the program for kids uuhhhh 3rd grade and up, take note Tato is in Kindeegarten, Taedyns stress level sores through the roof. Now, I did not spring this on him until the night before because history has taught me that doing that creates stress for all! Any hoo.... we get there the first week, get him all suited up and skis on and I took him to his teacher and ran.... with and ache in my heart because I knew how scared he was but also knowing how much he would love it if he just gave it a shot. After the first day he was up on skis and holding onto the tow rope and sliding down the Bunny Hill. Keep this in mind ... the Lift for the Mountain goes over head above this tow rope he spent two weeks on. Week three.. time to go on the lift. All week before he asks about the lift and if it is scary and if I will go with him. "Yes, Yes Tato I will go with you."We'll circumstances did not allow me to go with him that week ( teaching mamas like me to snowboard, I do have a soft spot in my heart for them! Every mama should do it!)and he refused to go with his teacher. So once again he played on the tow rope. Week Four.... My priority was my son. We got there and ready to go. He put every stop he could think of to not have to ride that lift. Would not put his gloves and coat on and once I forcfully got them on he plopped on the ground and told me he was not going. Picture this... Me with snow board hooket to one foot pulling him with skis on both feet , again forcfully, to the lift. We get there the chair comes around and I could hear Taedyn say under his breath ahh ahhh ahhh ohhh noooo..... and were off!!!! Going for the top of the mountain! I looked over and there is a great BIG SMILE :) on his face. Until.... he realized he had to also GET OFF! Longer story short. This child was forced to face a real fear and learned that something great came out of it because he now counts the days to ski school again. oh by the way.... one more time with mama was all he needed. He is now is a pro and rides the lift all on his own. We'll with friends of course. Luv you Bug!!!!!

3 comments:

Jeff and Holly said...

What a blast!!! Tayden is doing so awsome! Can't wait until we can go again. Only no sprains next time -K-!

Ruuddudes said...

Hey hop-a-long! Let's go to lunch sometime soon. I miss you & since I haven't been going to ski school, I feel left out. Waah! Poor me...

MikeG Family said...

Way to go in conquering a fear! Mike would love for me to snowboard with him, but I'm terrified of it. I should've gone the day you made Tayden go, and maybe it would've worked for me, too! :)